Airline checked bags are typically limited to a total dimension of 62 inches by adding length + width + height (example: 26″+26″+10″ = 62″), and a maximum weight of 50 lbs (23kg). For specific requirements of your airline and for a complete list of fees, please click here. Many airlines apply charges for checked bags. Dalatour is not responsible for checked bag fees, excess luggage or weight charges levied by an airline. If your luggage is lost or damaged by the airlines, a baggage claim form MUST be filed with the carrier before leaving the airport. We recommend that you use brightly colored luggage tags, straps or other identifiers to help you locate you luggage upon arrival or to describe it in the event that it is lost.
All our escorted tour buses allow one piece of luggage per person, plus carry-on bag. Additional baggage will be subject to a handling charge of $100 per piece. Passengers who purchase independent packages which do not include motor coach travel are subject to the restrictions imposed by airlines. Dalatour recommends traveling ‘light’ as there is generally no porterage included in independent programs, and passengers are responsible for carrying their own luggage to / from airports, piers, rail stations and hotels. As Dalatour will not be responsible for loss or damage to luggage and personal belongings, you MUST report any loss or damage immediately at the time of the incident and obtain a written report from the local authority for submission to your insurance provider. We also suggest you refer to tsa.gov for helpful tips on how to prepare for your journey.
IMPORTANT BAGGAGE INFORMATION FOR U.S. TRAVELERS
All checked luggage will be screened at the airport prior to being placed on an aircraft. In order to make your check-in as easy as possible, we offer the following list of suggestions as recommended by the Transportation Security Administration:
- Bags may have to be opened for inspection. Leave bags unlocked to avoid the potential need for them to be opened forcibly.
- Do not pack food or beverages in checked bags. Pack footwear on top of other contents. Put personal belongings in clear plastic bags to reduce chances of a TSA screener having to handle them, and spread out – do not stack – books.
- Do not overfill your luggage. It will be more difficult for the screener to close if it should be necessary to open and examine the contents.
- Do not wrap gifts. They may have to be opened for inspection.
- Screening equipment will damage film. Place all film in your carry-on bags.
- Pack scissors, pocket knives and other sharp items in checked bags, never carry on.
- All liquids, gels, and aerosols must be in 3 ounce or smaller containers. These items must be stored in a clear, quart-size, zip-top plastic bag.
- Snow globes and similar liquid-filled souvenirs are prohibited in carry-on, regardless of size or documentation.
- One pack of safety matches or one common safety lighter is permitted in carry-on. These items are NOT permitted in checked luggage.
- Please see https://www.tsa.gov/travel/ for exceptions and additional tips, regulations, and general information.
Thank you for taking the time to follow these few steps. We want your vacation to be as pleasant as possible from the moment you leave until you arrive safely back home.